2032 Bank Street

2032 Bank Street

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lukeworks

Back in February, I held a poll regarding countertops. It was very helpful and forced me to research many different countertop options. While granite was the most popular choice, 16% of you voted for concrete. I also voted for concrete, so concrete wins.

Last Friday, Sam and I visited the Lukeworks studio, here in Baltimore. Mark, the owner, showed us the process they use to fabricate custom concrete countertops. There seems to be no limit to what they can create. We are keeping things pretty simple ourselves. Here is the sample of what we chose:




Although Lukeworks uses white concrete, and they must add dye to make this gray shade, I like that it seems very natural.  Most people, myself included, associate this shade and texture with concrete. I also think it will look great against dark cabinets and a dark floor. 

The process cannot start until we install the kitchen cabinets.  Once that task is completed, Mark will come and take all of the necessary measurements.  It should take about 4-6 weeks from that point for them to fabricate and install the countertop. I cannot wait... I am very excited for this. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment